Eagle Mountain Mining Limited (ASX:EM2) (“Eagle Mountain” or “the Company”) is pleased to provide an update on its planned exploration program at its 80% owned Oracle Ridge Copper Mine (“Oracle Ridge”). Boart Longyear Limited (“Boart Longyear”), has been appointed to undertake a maiden surface diamond drilling program. Boart Longyear is a global drilling company which has previously undertaken exploration programs at Oracle Ridge and was chosen for their experience onsite and safety management program which includes stringent procedures for the management of COVID-19.
- Global supplier of drilling services Boart Longyear appointed as diamond drilling contractor for Oracle Ridge Copper Mine
- Surface diamond drilling program to commence in the coming weeks
- Planned drilling program will target extensions to the existing Mineral Resource Estimate
Eagle Mountain’s Chief Executive Officer, Tim Mason said: “Our goal at Oracle Ridge is to expand the existing high-grade mineral resource to support a future a mining operation. This drilling program is an important step towards that goal by targeting high grade extensions to the known copper mineralisation.This program is the culmination of:
- new geophysical surveys; and
- systematic reinterpretation of existing drilling, assays, geology and underground mapping.
This program is aimed to target higher grade zones close to the surface however the Company is continuing geological interpretation of both a deeper porphyry system along with other prospective zones close to the mine. We look forward to updating the market as assay results arrive in the coming months and being able to incorporate these results to our maiden JORC Resource which we expect to deliver later this calendar year.”
Read more Mining Review