How can we make the industrial world safer? This question has always been a leading topic of discussion here at Dräger and of course constantly in the minds of safety professionals across the globe. From these ongoing discussions and development up to now, we are taking another significant step further: Gas Detection Connect is a recent portfolio addition to enable linking of Dräger devices into one smart system.
Historically, live data was only available within the direct vicinity of the device user. This data and the corresponding decision-making process could be affected by environmental challenges and potential fatigue/stress. Also, how this data is used later had limitations.
The Gas Detection Connect system has been developed by reviewing the latest changes in technology, listening to our customers’ challenges and applying smart safety data management tools to address these needs.
DATA ANALYSIS – USING DATA FOR A HOLISTIC PICTURE
Data is rightly considered a golden topic of the digital age. Data has always been available in many shapes and forms, but the full potential of “good” data as a tool is still being realised. “The number one benefit of information technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people be creative. It lets people be productive. It lets people learn things they didn’t think they could learn before, and so in a sense, it is all about potential.” (Ballmer, 2005). You can now use more sophisticated data obtained from technology and then combine it with site-specific knowledge to create a new picture of hazard scenarios and abnormalities. At the same time, you can also view and optimise your equipment pool from a long-term Perspective.
THE POWER TO CENTRALISE AND DECENTRALISE YOUR ASSET MANAGEMENT
Digitisation offers many opportunities for efficient asset management. It simplifies so many things that were previously more complex. Digitisation gives the ability for a business to centralise their asset management for greater single point control but also the ability to decentralise the physical execution of asset management functions to minimise wasted time and labour.
- The Dräger X-dock® series is the comprehensive test tool for your portable Dräger gas detection devices.
- The connection between Dräger X-dock® and the cloud backend only requires internet connection and a short set up.
- All data, certificates and test results can be viewed via the web frontend.
- Firmware updates can be distributed automatically.
- All data and test results can be viewed and exported at any time and be can easily exported into Excel.
- The web frontend does not require any installation. No more maintenance or hidden IT costs.
- Our system meets the highest standards of data security.
USE DATA LIVE AND IN REAL TIME – WHENEVER AND WHEREVER YOU NEED IT
Data can save lives. Collecting and evaluating relevant data will greatly assist in increasing the safety of your workplace. As data is obtained, it contributes to a more accurate reflection of the real safety challenges being faced across the business: Hazards can be identified quicker, countermeasures can be initiated faster, correlations and anomalies can be analysed much easier to identify the root causes. This analysis is not only as a subsequent review but is also available in real-time with live monitoring. Through combining our OEM instruments with Gas Detection Connect, precise information is available directly whenever and wherever it is needed.
- View live data and alarms directly on a map via the secure platform.
- Control who has access to information. Roles and rights can be edited as per company policy.
- Key data such as location, measurement values, alarms and battery information are automatically sent from the Dräger device to the cloud backend.
- The Gas Detection Connect App is available on IOS or Android.
By using data through smart systems, you can make your workplace safer.
Regardless of whether your workers are entering a confined space, or moving freely around the site, data is readily available to improve worker safety. Gas Detection Connect enables you to analyse data, identify inefficiencies, and reduce resource wastage, all whilst improving on safety. Predictive safety measures using technology and data is the future of safety and Dräger is pleased to be a part of this journey by being able to introduce another Technology for Life® solution.
To find your more please contact Dräger:
1800 372 437