Southern Gold Limited (ASX: SAU) (“Southern Gold” or “the “Company”) is pleased to announce the results from the maiden diamond drill program at the Aphae Project in South Korea.
- High to moderate-grade gold-silver intersections received including:
- 0.21m @ 107.5g/t Au and 166g/t Ag
- 0.17m @ 15.9g/t Au and 23.7g/t Ag
- 1m @ 5.07g/t Au and 13.8g/t Ag
- 0.86m @ 5.49g/t Au and 59g/t Ag
- 0.18m @ 5.92g/t Au and 99g/t Ag
- Broad near surface gold mineralised breccia intersected including:
- 8.12m @ 1.26g/t Au and 7.8g/t Ag in APDD001
- 40.72m @ 0.59g/t Au and 14.1g/t Ag in APDD003
- Follow up drill program and ground magnetic survey being planned to target extensions with large project scale prospectivity becoming apparent.
Follow up drill program and ground magnetic survey being planned to target extensions with large project scale prospectivity becoming apparent.
A total of 720.46m across 4 holes were drilled at Aphae (Figure 1). The initial hole, APDD001, intersected the targeted sulphide-quartz breccia at the expected depth below the historical open pit and underground mine and gold mineralisation has been confirmed.
The gold mineralised breccia was also extended to the north in APDD003, where the width and sulphide content increased. A broad zone (40.72m @ 0.59g/t Au) of sulphide ± silica gold mineralised matrix monolithic clastsupported breccia was intersected in APDD003, and a narrower zone (~10m) of weakly sulphidic milled matrix supported monolithic breccia was intersected in APDD004, along with a high grade sulphidic vein breccia closer to surface.
Read more Mining Review