- Drilling intersects broad zones of mineralisation up to 24m in width and can be traced over 400m strike at some prospects
- Mineralisation observed in all holes drilled with better drilling results including:
- SXRC0013 – 3m @ 3.07 g/t Au from 47m
- SXRC0012 – 3m @ 2.74 g/t Au (within 8m @ 1.60 g/t) from 13m
- Series of high priority targets now identified for future testing at:
- Boodarding: LKD391: 3m @14.8 g/t Au from 94m (inc 1m @ 32.83 g/t Au) LKA247: 3m @ 5.94g/t Au from 63m
- Battler North SCRC 1 – 4m @ 4.60g/t Au from 57m (inc 1m @ 12.8g/t Au) SCRA066 – 3m @ 4.24g/t Au from 58m (inc 1m @ 10.55g/t Au
- Alpine/Roma ALP10 – 5m @ 3.30g/t Au from 39m (inc 1m @ 12.70g/t Au) RDH04 – 20m @ 1.59g/t Au from 58m
- Updated geophysical interpretation is planned to further highlight high priority target areas
- Historical data capture and database compilation well advanced
Xantippe Resources Limited (XTC or the Company) advises that it has received assay results for the recently completed maiden drilling programme over the acquired Southern Cross gold project in Western Australia.
A total of 16 holes for an advance of 1,722m of reverse circulation drilling (Table 1) were completed across three prospects: Glendower, Xantippe and Treasury South.
Drilling has successfully identified broad zones of mineralisation with the expected geological structure associated throughout the Southern Cross Greenstone Belt.
Xantippe Managing Director Richard Henning said:
“With further analysis of these drill results along with geophysical investigation, we remain highly confident that we will attain a clearer picture of the coarse gold structures that have previously been identified at the Southern Cross project.
We are committed to the Southern Cross region, the tenements over which we maintain an option, and the potential which they offer. We consider this project to be a major opportunity to create value in a first class and proven gold mining region.
Our priority now is to undertake further geophysical interpretation and database evaluation to highlight high-priority target areas throughout the entire tenement holding, specifically the Boodarding, Battler North and Alpine/Roma prospects, which may be the subject of our next drilling campaign. In addition, we have enough funding to see us well placed to carry out geophysical investigation and test these targets.
Read more Mining Review