Southern Gold Limited (“Southern Gold” or “the “Company”) is pleased to report that drill operations continue at the Aphae and Deokon projects in South Korea. Importantly, mineralised breccia (Photos 1-3) has been intersected in all 3 planned holes at Aphae, including a wider than anticipated intercept in the third hole and prompting a fourth drill hole to test the down-dip depth extent of the breccia. Assays from the Aphae programme are pending.
- All three diamond drill holes completed at Aphae intersected significant sulphide + silica flooded vein breccia and base metal sulphide veining. Assays pending.
- A wider than expected interval of sulphide-rich breccia zone in APDD003 at Aphae has resulted in a fourth diamond drill hole targeting down dip of this zone.
- Multiple zones of dynamic polyphasal low-sulphidation epithermal veining were intersected at ‘Hand of Faith’, Beopseongpo, but only returned a peak of 0.24m @ 1.71g/t gold from 139.97m in BPDD013.
- Assays expected from the drill program at ‘Spider’, Beopseongpo in early July.
- Diamond drilling progressing to plan at ‘Shin Hill’, Deokon Project.
A total of 506.4m across three holes have been drilled, with a fourth now commenced. All drill holes were collared in reclaimed farmland (originally tidal mudflats). The initial hole APDD001 intersected the targeted sulphide-quartz breccia mineralisation at the expected depth below the historical open pit and underground mine.
Southern Gold Managing Director, Mr Simon Mitchell said, “Testing new and multiple targets simultaneously, such as the current drilling at the Aphae and Deokon Projects, is geologically exciting and increases our chances of discovery. While the drill programme at Hand of Faith was successful in intersecting epithermal veining in drill core, the tenor of gold results was lower than expected. However, we have been pleasantly surprised by the extent of the mineralised breccia we have seen in drill core at Aphae, particularly in APDD003. That’s the nature of mineral exploration: prepare to be surprised!”
Read more Mining Review