Wash Bay Improvements Saves Tens of Thousands for QLD Zinc Mine
QLD Zinc Mine Case Study
A QLD Zinc Mine 20km west of Mount Isa took possession of a WM15M-43H Mine site compliant pressure cleaner and the Ezy-Foam system in June 2015. This workshop maintains both surface and underground mining mobile equipment and has a very high duty cycle wash bay.
Degreaser Pumped directly from 1000lt IBC’s (see below Pics) via a diaphragm pump to a reel located in the wash bay. Degreaser was applied neat and usage was approximately 4-5000lt per month.
As is common with degreaser application from an operators perspective, is that more is best! For degreasers and detergents to be effective they require hang time on the surface to allow the active ingredient (actual cleaning surfactants) in the chemical to work. This more is best mindset results in excessive chemical use, cost and ineffective cleaning.
ThoroughClean Wash Bay Pressure Cleaner Solution –
Via a rigourous needs analysis assessment, we were able to identify the critical elements which hindered the performance of the current set up and recommend the right pressure cleaner to suit the high workload application.
ThoroughClean WM15M-43H Mine Spec 4000PSI, 22LPM pressure cleaner
Noteable performance increase was discovered by the operators and the standard safety shutdown features was an added bonus to ensure the common causes of machine failure where limited and in most cases eliminated.
Water quality is consistant with performance issues. This was taken care of via ThoroughClean’s quality inlet filtration to the the pump and boiler.
Noteable Business Gains
- Greater Performance has led increased in wash down productivity
- Cleaner equipment allows for greater fault detection
- Early fault detection limits breakdowns and interuptions to production
- Improved botton line outcomes for the business unit
- The only machine that complies to site regulations
The patented unique design of the foamer unit and nozzle mixes degreaser/ detergent with air and water to give a shaving cream foam consistancy that hangs on vertical surfaces. The ‘Hang Time’ that is achieved allows for the chemical to break through the soiled surface for effective cleaning outcomes.
Noteable Business Gains
- The real benefit is realised in the minimal amount of product required to cover a large surface
- Our clients have realised up to 70% decrease in chemical usage
- Shortened cleaning time
- Minimised safety and environmental concerns around the use of some chemical.
- Pressure Cleaner Performance Centres's Contact Details:
- Number: 07 5467 2025
- Website: www.pressurecleaner.com.au